Taiwan Province, Taiwan
$500 - $1200
I started my career in the 1980's as a professional photographer signed to NY photo agency Retna. My full-time job was working for a music artist management firm, whose artist went on to become the biggest band of the 1980's in Canada (Platinum Blonde). With the advent of music videos, I quickly learned the craft of making music videos with hands-on experience in many departments except hair/MU. Throughout the 80's and into the 90's I mostly worked on music videos and EPKs for artists.
Then I went to Taiwan where I was working full time for major labels as their marketing manager. During my tenures, I would continue to do TV projects, including creating a music magazine show on the Sanli Cable TV network in Taiwan called "Date with a Superstar". I wrote, produced, directed, and edited the #1 ranked show on the channel for its entire first season. Throughout the 2000's I cherry-picked projects which included corporate and commercial projects for English-language learning entities with products called "Rockin' in America", "Audio Annual" and "Video Annual". All these products were created with audio and video elements to make it more interactive and accessible to students to retain their attention.
Reality, lifestyle and travel shows were starting to make their way to Taiwan for the Discovery, Food and TLC channels and I provided full production services to them to help make those shows. Of note on my IMDB (which is quite lacking) is the "Glutton for Punishment" show in 2011 where we were responsible for setting up the entire shoot, as well as the pilot for "World's Weirdest Restaurants".
By 2016 I was asked by Hollywood Superstar Jet Li to film a series of SIX inspirational short documentary stories which fit into the theme of "The Hero in All of Us". All these short docs are available to be seen on Jet Li's YouTube channel. I was the supervising producer because I sourced and wrote all the stories and had to shoot them remotely in six different locations (Chile, Brazil, LA, Washington DC, Norway, Thailand). I worked closely with the team on the ground in each country, provided the shot list and overseen the entire production, including post.
After that, a large number of corporate and commercial shoots have come my way, the biggest being something like The Amazing Race on steroids for a European production company in 2017 called Peking Express (Pechino Express from Italy for RAI2), which involved a cast and crew of around 125, concurrently managing 20 locations and 22 vehicle teams. We filmed three episodes over a 10-day period spending a budget of about 600,000 Euros.
In 2019 the same production company came back to shoot Asia Express for a major Romanian TV network, which involved a cast and crew of almost 200, concurrently managing almost 60 locations and 25 vehicle teams. We filmed the grand finale of the show including 5 episodes over a 12-day period, with a budget of about 700,000 Euros. For both Asia Express and Peking Express, I was the Country Producer.
Between 2016 and today, I have completed projects for many clients, some of which you might recognize. I am including references you may have heard of before, so mostly major networks and platforms. Here are some clips for your reference:
- VanMoof (Netherlands) - e-bike commercial
- Guinness World Records (UK) - GWR day
- ProSieben (Germany) - Joko Gegen Team Klaas (reality travel TV show) filming the BEE Festival in Tainan
- RAI2 (Italy) - Peking Express (country producer & b-cam)
- AE3 (Romania) - Asia Express (country producer & b-cam)
- Gift of Christmas Love - Music video for Canadian jazz artist Irene Atman
- JetLi.com (China) - they commissioned 6 short documentary films from me
The Muay Thai Legend and His Banchamek Gym (Thailand)
The Norwegian Wushu Champion Kim Gibson (Norway)
Grandmaster Dennis Brown (Washington, DC)
Heart of Aikido (Chile)
Kyokushin-Kan Karate Sensei Tom Callahan (California)
José Aldo, a UFC Champion Teaching Kids the Right Path to Life (Brazil)
Some other shows/commercial shoots not available for free online:
- Quibi Mobile Platform (US) - Daily Chill - 3 episodes
- PBS - 30th Anniversary of Tienanmen Square Massacre
- Travel Channel - Legendary Locations
- BBC - In It To Wynne It
- Food/Discovery Channel - Glutton for Punishment World Record Challenge
- Food/Discovery Channel - World's Weirdest Restaurants
- Sanli Cable TV (Taiwan) - Date with a Superstar full season of 13 episodes (creator/writer/producer/director/editor)
- ABS-CBN (Philippines) - Taiwan That You Love (scripted drama series)
- Netflix (UK) - World's Worst Prisons (in production)
Some commercial shoots include:
- Microsoft (TW) - Series of 4 internal training videos
- Lucasfilm (US) - Production support for an animation project
- Facebook (UK) - Commercials for KKDay Travel Agency
- Herbalife (US) - Internal product shoot
- Voestalpine (Austria) - Series of PR commercials
- SRE (Taiwan) - Series of internal videos for annual shareholder meetings
- Getty Images (Europe) - Stock shots shoot in Taiwan
- Harper's Bazaar India shoot in Taiwan
We are listed on the Taipei Film Commission's website as a vetted and preferred service provider. I am also one of the most well-known senior producers in Taiwan with my listing on page 1 of the producer's page. Here is the link:
I often end up shooting as a second cameraman as I started my career as a photographer and videographer in the 1980's and learning everything after that on my own through experience. Although I now mostly work as a producer, I am more than capable of being the main DP for any project.
I have a limited number of references on this Storyhunter platform because I'm just busy and haven't had time to update everything. You can have a look through the links I provided here to decide if you would like my help with your projects. Please do let me know if you need anything further. Thank you.
- Full-Service Live Production
- Editorial Photographer / Photojournalist
- Field Producer
- Line Producer / On-Location
- TV News Producer
- Production Company
- Production Coordinator / Crewing
- Senior Producer / Project Manager
- Commercial DP
- Corporate Videographer
- Documentary DP
- Immersive/Spatial Video Capture
- Mobile Journalist / Livestreamer
- News Shooter / Video Journalist
- Reporter / Journalist